As I go by that lane,
Memories spring up
Like the mushrooms after hard rain
Bringing in new life,
And taking me away from
The pretentious and monotonous life
That I'm now struck in.
Oh! how I wish
I could go back once again.
Oh! how I wish
We could all be together once again.
As I go by that lane,
I see kids having fun
And in them,
I see fragments of you and me,
For, a part of my soul
Still lingers here
Yearning for redressal.
Oh! how I wish
I could go back once again.
Oh! how I wish
We could all be together once again.
We still meet,
In the name of reunions
But where has the warmth gone?
Seems to me,
You people have learnt the way of life
But I still happen
To be a child at heart
Searching for what we call redemption.
As I go by that lane,
Life springs up in me
Making me complete.

No comments:
Post a Comment