Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

LaB SCenARio

Dear diary,
       Yesterday, an amazing thing happened to me.I have,for the first time in this year(academic, I mean), enjoyed doing the practical in the lab.Wait! let me make myself clear, this doesn't mean I hated labs or something; by fully enjoyed I meant along with having fun in the lab, with the friends,of course, I got to do the experiment (contently).
       Let me take you to the labs that we have in the second year,preferably the Networks lab that I'm recently working in.Well, there exists two,No, I guess it is three kinds of people in the lab.The first kind.They are the bosses in the group(atleast they feel they are). Like the way the  Whites, in the 18th and 19th century,felt about their natural dominance over the Blacks,these people feel they are the natural leaders in the group and that without them the group would become impotent.
      Now the second type. They are the ambitious guys( there is no shortage of ambitious guys in the IT.People here are crazy to prove themselves, be it in any field). So what do these people do? They would want to grab as much information as possible from the experiment.So with the 1st type guys standing right infront of the apparatus, these fellows try to get as close to the apparatus as possible, leaning over to see what's happening and in the process irritating the 1st type (the 1st type feels that it is the one doing the saviour role, doing the experiment for the group and then explain the same to the 2nd and 3rd type. Real heroes, I should say).
      The third type. It includes people like me who are fed up with whatever's happening, move away from the group and go to another group and say this to a co-3rd type guy,'wo karne nahi deta hai yaar' or 'Wo kar lega yaar, apan ko tension lene ki kya jarurat hai'. So this brings me back to yesterday.
      Yesterday was like a dream date in the lab with Anmol.It was only the two of us in front of the apparatus (Both of us are 3rd type guys. So,we understand each other better). We did the experiment, sharing the work,in a real harmonic manner(I'm not trying to exaggerate) and believe me, we were the ones who finished the expt. first. Dedicated to all the 3rd type guys.We are awesome.
      Now, back to today. Things in the lab were back to normal; with me taking the avatar of the 3rd type guy. However appaling the reality might seem, I need to accept it and go on with being a 3rd type guy.

Bye.

P.S. I've used the word guys all throughout and not gals becoz gals in the lab consist of only type.Being the minority in the group(there is usually only 1 in the group) and flooded with masculinity, they prefer to stay not too close to the group but they get involved all the same. But what really matters at the end of the day to them is if the reading are correct, is the jugaad sensible, is the file completed with an A on the index page for every experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment