Dear diary,
'Pahelwan ji ki lassi' is the best lassi in the world(to me,that is). After a heavy meal at some restaurant, lassi going down the throat is what I would call ecstasy. Now why this sudden interest in lassi? Let me tell you.
Along with the sweetest lassi served, 'the icing on the cake' is the Malai and Rabdi on top.I was always in the habit of avoiding Rabdi and maybe, asking for an extra helping of Malai. I don't know why I disliked Rabdi, I felt it ruined the taste of the lassi.But recently, I developed a special liking towards Rabdi and I find myself looking forward to the Rabdi more than the Lassi itself.Why this sudden change? Has the Rabdi changed? I don't think so.This shop is quite orthodox. Things don't change here.Or have the DNA strands in my body decided to change their orientation so that I start liking Rabdi. Not possible. I guess genetic mutations take place over generations. The answer is simple: I've stopped having preconceptions about the taste of Rabdi. That is when I coined the 'Rabdi Theory'.
"Like the way it happened to me with Rabdi, if we were to look at things and people in life without preconceptions, we might actually change our opinions about them".Who knows, we might be liking the very same person whom we had detested earlier.Not necessarily because they've changed but maybe because we've started looking at them from a whole new point of view or maybe, without preconceptions.The proof to this theory lies in the fact that we aren't programmed machines who wouldn't do anything beyond their coding but are creatures with feeling, and feelings tend to change when we start things anew.
Life does teach us a lot of things.
Bye.
'Pahelwan ji ki lassi' is the best lassi in the world(to me,that is). After a heavy meal at some restaurant, lassi going down the throat is what I would call ecstasy. Now why this sudden interest in lassi? Let me tell you.
Along with the sweetest lassi served, 'the icing on the cake' is the Malai and Rabdi on top.I was always in the habit of avoiding Rabdi and maybe, asking for an extra helping of Malai. I don't know why I disliked Rabdi, I felt it ruined the taste of the lassi.But recently, I developed a special liking towards Rabdi and I find myself looking forward to the Rabdi more than the Lassi itself.Why this sudden change? Has the Rabdi changed? I don't think so.This shop is quite orthodox. Things don't change here.Or have the DNA strands in my body decided to change their orientation so that I start liking Rabdi. Not possible. I guess genetic mutations take place over generations. The answer is simple: I've stopped having preconceptions about the taste of Rabdi. That is when I coined the 'Rabdi Theory'.
"Like the way it happened to me with Rabdi, if we were to look at things and people in life without preconceptions, we might actually change our opinions about them".Who knows, we might be liking the very same person whom we had detested earlier.Not necessarily because they've changed but maybe because we've started looking at them from a whole new point of view or maybe, without preconceptions.The proof to this theory lies in the fact that we aren't programmed machines who wouldn't do anything beyond their coding but are creatures with feeling, and feelings tend to change when we start things anew.
Life does teach us a lot of things.
Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment