First of all, I wish you a happy and a prosperous new year 2012.The new year celebrations I had yesterday was entirely different from the ones I've had before.There was no cake, no TV telling me when the clock would struck 12, no music and most importantly, there was no planning. It was set outdoors, and the best place in Benaras would obviously be the Ghats.
It all started this way. I was, as usual, doing the planning as to how I could make the celebrations memorable, and then,Patidar comes with this idea, out of nowhere, that we should be going to the Ghats for the celebration. Initially, the idea seemed a bit irrational,but later it went on to be a real big hit.And so, Ghats it was, and we started off at 7:30 and were at Assi Ghat by 8:00. Then we traversed the entire length of the Ghats on foot having fun all the time( I never thought Ghats could be so much fun; but I guess with friends, any place is fun). Had dinner and then waited for the clock to struck 12.Coincidence was that, many of my other friends also made to the Ghats and it was like a big gathering of the Trical 2nd year by 12 in the night.
Strike 12 and we were all dancing like mad,hugging ,wishing each other a 'Happy new year' (I was always having this feeling that (I was somewhere outside my hostel,what with half the branch being present there, you are bound to feel this way). The foreigners were all the time, clicking photos of us, it was all new to them, I guess.
The rest of the night was spent in searching for places to rest a bit; with police almost shooing us away from the place once, cuddling together to generate some heat and live the night(It really started to get cold when it started to rain at about 2:30 in the morning)
Somehow spent the night and at about 5 in the morning, we went to the viswanath mandir (I didn't have the dare to bathe in the ice cold waters of the Ganges but Patidar and Bhaskas Anna managed to do that) and then at 6:30 we went to the other side by boat to watch the sunrise.The clouds were too thick for the sun to come out, so there was no sunrise as such, but it was nice all the same. And then, the bird watching(both the migratory and the foreign........ you know what) was really awesome.Came back home at about 9 in the morning and could only manage to get inside the Razai and doze off.
Now, when I look back at this thing , I would remember this as one of the best New Year celebrations I've had in my life. Thanx a lot to my friends who made this memorable.
It all started this way. I was, as usual, doing the planning as to how I could make the celebrations memorable, and then,Patidar comes with this idea, out of nowhere, that we should be going to the Ghats for the celebration. Initially, the idea seemed a bit irrational,but later it went on to be a real big hit.And so, Ghats it was, and we started off at 7:30 and were at Assi Ghat by 8:00. Then we traversed the entire length of the Ghats on foot having fun all the time( I never thought Ghats could be so much fun; but I guess with friends, any place is fun). Had dinner and then waited for the clock to struck 12.Coincidence was that, many of my other friends also made to the Ghats and it was like a big gathering of the Trical 2nd year by 12 in the night.
Strike 12 and we were all dancing like mad,hugging ,wishing each other a 'Happy new year' (I was always having this feeling that (I was somewhere outside my hostel,what with half the branch being present there, you are bound to feel this way). The foreigners were all the time, clicking photos of us, it was all new to them, I guess.
The rest of the night was spent in searching for places to rest a bit; with police almost shooing us away from the place once, cuddling together to generate some heat and live the night(It really started to get cold when it started to rain at about 2:30 in the morning)
Somehow spent the night and at about 5 in the morning, we went to the viswanath mandir (I didn't have the dare to bathe in the ice cold waters of the Ganges but Patidar and Bhaskas Anna managed to do that) and then at 6:30 we went to the other side by boat to watch the sunrise.The clouds were too thick for the sun to come out, so there was no sunrise as such, but it was nice all the same. And then, the bird watching(both the migratory and the foreign........ you know what) was really awesome.Came back home at about 9 in the morning and could only manage to get inside the Razai and doze off.
Now, when I look back at this thing , I would remember this as one of the best New Year celebrations I've had in my life. Thanx a lot to my friends who made this memorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment