Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

SAtURnALIA: MEMORIES

Dear Diary,
         The new year's day passed with me staying in a state of mild hangover; I'm not used to sleeping only 4 hours a day and that too,with the entire night spent in aimless wandering along the Ghats. Then yesterday, we had this Saturnalia thing(this was actually supposed to be held on Jan 1 but then rain has played spoilsport). So, this brings me back to the memories of Saturnalia last year.
          You must be knowing that last year, me and my friends had our stall installed at the Saturnalia; The stall went on to become a ,if not a huge success, a success, all the same and we earned a good amount of money. More than money, it is the memories that would last forever. So, last year at this time we were actually going hostel to hostel selling the tickets(Did I just say selling? No. We were actually requesting the people ;the strategy depending on the class of the person we were dealing with. Now again, requesting would be a civilized term for begging) in the biting cold; Southerners like me are not used to living in extreme conditions. It really was fun working together, it has really fostered friendships. Suddenly, we became entrepreneurs, thinking of how we can fool people and make money.One year has gone by,things have changed,I have changed,people have changed groups and groups have bigger.
          This year,Saturnalia was pretty much the same,only we dancing out in the open, not trapped in the stalls. It was a bit awkward watching the boy-boy and girl-girl doing the ballot dance for the romantic numbers(Then again, it was fun). The classes were pretty much the same,I don't think I need to tell you about them,they would bore you, I know. So, that's all for today.

Bye   

No comments:

Post a Comment