Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

iT'S 'SRK' aLL oVeR

Dear diary,
          SRK has made it to the news again; Of course, it is the duty of the media to project the celebrities onto the screen- the celebrities owe a lot to the media( the Indian media, in particular) in this regard. Unfortunately for SRK, he's made it to the news for negative reasons; reasons, I presume, he wouldn't be happy for once he was back into being sober.
         Every other news channel I tuned into today- News channels, they usually act as an alternative for me when ads disrupt the flow of  a programme or the movie I happen to be watching - had one of the two things going: One, the local corporate colleges bragging about the JEE ranks they've secured and Two, the 'SRK brawl case'.
         The Indian media has always been in the habit of gnawing at any tiny bit of news that might add glamour to their organization. I don't know if SRK happens to be so important a figure( An iconic figure he is, no doubt) that his every move would create sensations or if there's been a shortage of things to be reported. So the news reporters read and re-read the fact that 'SRK  has been banned from the Wankhade stadium for 5 years' with a slide show of sweaty images of SRK getting into a tussle with the officials adding clarity to the viewer. God bless SRK and the MCA for whatever happened. ' I do not want to dig deep into whatever happened there, speculating at every finer detail. I've got my own problems to deal with', is what an average Indian would've thought upon watching this melancholy.
       Thanks to the media, SRK's got the negative publicity he never would've wanted. I wouldn't wrong SRK completely in whatever happened. People when drunk tend to get hyper active, fight at petty issues and SRK, though a high level celeb happens to be a human at heart. I guess, SRK should either have come into the stadium sober or should've refrained himself from coming into the stadium once he was drunk. Hope he's learnt a lesson here.
        The heat at Vijayawada has become unbearable with the mercury levels never falling below 40 in the last few days.  Hope there would be respite in the days to come. 


Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment