Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

TRue DiViNiTY

Dear diary,
         Today I made a visit to the VT( The BHU one) after quite a long gap; a month and a half, I guess. This time the visit was, partly out of devotion, but mostly out of sheer necessity ; It is one of those times when you are in a foul mood( mostly for no reason and my pointers, they have succeeded in aggravating my foul mood), that you decide to go to God's abode to find solace. ( Sorry God, I might be sounding materialistic but there is nothing I can hide from you).
        So, well, I  went to the VT. There was this one sight that really moved me. He was a popular figure there for he had been performing there from quite a long time. Well the local gazal singer was the one who moved me. He was like any other singer, only he was blind. I've seen him perform once or twice before but this time I was quite observant. The pleasant smile, the serene look on his face made me want to go sit there for a minute. There was no audience to his performance there was only me, Patidar and some old chap siting beside him watching him play; People going about only offered him a glance and went on with their making wishes to God. He wasn't aware of our presence, any amount of audience wouldn't have made any difference to his divinity.
         Here was a man who, inspite of his disabilities was offering himself wholly to God, with no intention of fame or the many other things that artists receive, and look at me, perfect in shape but still fretting and accusing God of injustice for the pointers I received. Now it was my pointers that was the reason of accusation, at other times it was about my being a mediocre and not a Rockstar( which was needed en route to fame and fame means a lot at IT-BHU) or my not being in some other famed IIT, there were reasons galore. Now here was something I could learn from this man. There was no big reason for happiness. You can  be happy only if you are whole. I wouldn't talk of spiritual blabber like detachment from self or losing interest in material happiness, but this much I've realized:
  ' You can be happy only if you are content'
     Now being content wouldn't mean being in the same petty state, not wanting to change and cheating yourself to believe you're content but would mean  staying whole inspite of the ups and downs you encounter in this voyage called life.  
    Once again I've realized that life is the best classroom for me to learn things.


Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment