Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

X BoaRD eXaMS: MeMoRieS.

Dear diary,
                   4 years ago, on this day, my X class Board exams got off to a grand start, with Social being the first exam. I still remember how nervous I was; Whatwith 5 textbooks and tons of syllabus and my disinterest in Social (only Economics interested me), I was prepared for a disaster. However, the exam later turned out to be an easy one ( all of them were and still continue to be) and I managed a 92.
                 Yesterday when I'd gone to drop Akhil at the examination venue ( my brother has his X Board exams starting from yesterday), I've noticed that things haven't changed one bit. Anxious students; With signs of fresh sindhur on their foreheads, smiles on their faces, not completely natural but partly due to nervousness, the last minute discussions. Anxious parents; giving last minute advices to their kids, wishing them good luck, assurances that God is always with us. The scene on the whole would resemble this: Ambitious kings and queens sending their little princes to the battlefield; to fight a three hour war which when conquered would define their entry into manhood( A X pass student would be considered a man, I guess).
              It's funny how 4 years can change your position in the battlefield. As I was watching all this melancholy happen, I was actually looking for myself in the crowd; how 4 years ago, I was the one who had to take the test, how fastly time has flown; Ironically, time doesn't appear to flow faster while it is actually flowing, it is only after time has passed that we realize that time had flown faster, and my yearning to go back into the school days was there once again. It isn't that I'm not happy with time right now, it is only that schooldays were more fun, less of responsibilities, more of expecations about the future; it is easier to expect than to actually go into the future and live in it.
         Sadly though, I can only drop him only on one of his exams( Akhil has his next exam on the 16th and I'd be off to Benares on 12th). 
         Why haven't I written to you these 10 days? No reason in particular. My stomach has been venting its anger on me for having dumped incongruous stuff into it, thanks to my mess there. My liver has got infected with bacteria, so my doc says. Whatever, wish me a speedy recovery.


Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment