Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jai Hind!

        The other day I was watching this " PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN" video posted of FB. Recently many such videos are being circulated on the net. Ironically, all of them dealt with issues that degrade our country; issues like corruption,The Royal Gandhi Family, The 2G scam etc. I guess we have done away with the habit of brooding over " yeh desh nahi badalne wala hai" and switched over to accepting the reality " yeh desh sach me nahi badalne wala hai" and maybe, laugh over the matter, chit-chat with these topics, say to someone , in a lighter vein , "look at what this bastard (symbolizing a politician) has done?"
        I guess the 'makeover' was right . There is nothing, you and I, sitting at homes can do about this. Anna did come as a ray of hope but in the end, I guess it is the filthy govt. that is going to win. Don't call me a pessimist ; I'm only trying to be practical.( I did shout slogans " Anna tum sangarsh karo , Hum tumhare saath hai")  
       So where does the problem come? How have countries smaller than us come out of conditions more worse than ours and still manage to stay developed?  I guess the problem is we ourselves. The fact that we hold our families, our desire to earn money more important than our country is responsible for our plight. Come on, we all know there can be no bigger talent exporter than India, that 30% of AMERICANS are INDIANS clearly show this.  ( I don't understand how these people manage to live there when they clearly know their country needs them).
        I guess as long we continue living with this attitude of 'self before country' , even a hundred Annas can't change the destiny of this country.                                                                       Remember, for the country to change, it is the people who have to change first.

No comments:

Post a Comment