Dear diary,
How would fantasy be defined? Fantasy, I guess is living the life of our dreams. A life, which does not contain things we are not happy with, in which things happen to us which we pretty well know wouldn't happen in reality. Summed up, fantasy is a life in which you are your own God, you control things; how they happen and what happens.It isn't the world that is going to do the decision making for you.
Then what is reality? Reality is what actually happens to us. Scientifically put, it is the earth moving around the Sun, the Sun moving along with the Milky Way in this infinitely vast universe with us moving along with them.
Now comes the question: Why do we fantasize? rather Why do we have to fantasize? The answer, I guess, is simple: in search of happiness. If reality and fantasy were to coincide, I wouldn't be calling that a life, that would be bliss. Come on, we all know there is no person on this planet Earth who is so very much satisfied with his life,with his day to day goings, that he would say,"I don't have the need to fantasize.I don't live a perfect life parallel to reality. My life is perfect".A sadhu who has attained inner peace would be fantasizing of his place in heaven at God's abode. Brad Pitt would be fantasizing of a chick hotter than Angelina Jolie. A bald man would be fantasizing of himself as being Baba Ramdev someday. No one is an exception.
Do we have to fantasize? Isn't it dangerous? I mean, if fantasy dominates Reality in our lives,that is when you are down with schizophrenia( a psychological term that has got something to do with delusions).I wouldn't say yes for an answer. The sense of euphoria experienced when we fantasize of being someone we have dreamt of being someday, but couldn't be, is worth the risk taken. Life is this balance between Reality and fantasy and we're all heading towards the same common goal: 'To merge Reality with fantasy'.
Bye.
How would fantasy be defined? Fantasy, I guess is living the life of our dreams. A life, which does not contain things we are not happy with, in which things happen to us which we pretty well know wouldn't happen in reality. Summed up, fantasy is a life in which you are your own God, you control things; how they happen and what happens.It isn't the world that is going to do the decision making for you.
Then what is reality? Reality is what actually happens to us. Scientifically put, it is the earth moving around the Sun, the Sun moving along with the Milky Way in this infinitely vast universe with us moving along with them.
Now comes the question: Why do we fantasize? rather Why do we have to fantasize? The answer, I guess, is simple: in search of happiness. If reality and fantasy were to coincide, I wouldn't be calling that a life, that would be bliss. Come on, we all know there is no person on this planet Earth who is so very much satisfied with his life,with his day to day goings, that he would say,"I don't have the need to fantasize.I don't live a perfect life parallel to reality. My life is perfect".A sadhu who has attained inner peace would be fantasizing of his place in heaven at God's abode. Brad Pitt would be fantasizing of a chick hotter than Angelina Jolie. A bald man would be fantasizing of himself as being Baba Ramdev someday. No one is an exception.
Do we have to fantasize? Isn't it dangerous? I mean, if fantasy dominates Reality in our lives,that is when you are down with schizophrenia( a psychological term that has got something to do with delusions).I wouldn't say yes for an answer. The sense of euphoria experienced when we fantasize of being someone we have dreamt of being someday, but couldn't be, is worth the risk taken. Life is this balance between Reality and fantasy and we're all heading towards the same common goal: 'To merge Reality with fantasy'.
Bye.
enjoyed reading, and on mobile for the first time, in Nagpur! glad to have someone as good as you, available to us for reading!
ReplyDeleteThis one was deep.... keep recording the thoughts like this
I am in conflict with your last idea...not many of us try to merge reality with fantasy. Many of us must have dreamt of having sex with Angelina Jolie. How many of us really try to achieve that in real life? For god's sake, we can't even have sex with the next door girl. Fantasies are supposed to be about improbable things.
ReplyDeletethanx anant and sri harsha, by fantasies in the last line, I didn't mean the sex fantasies that we have, but the fantasies about life, maybe, about our own selves say, 5 years from now..........
ReplyDeleteanyways, lines of thinking differ and you're right in a way.......!!!